Technical Equipment available for oral presentations:
Data projectors for computer presentation from a Notebook or a PC with Windows 7 operating system and Microsoft Office 2010
Please note: Personal notebooks will not be permitted
Preview Desk: All speakers should visit the Preview Desk located in XXXXXXX upload their presentation at least 30 minutes before their session. Please make sure that your presentation is fully operational. Only presentations on CD/DVD unit and USB Memory device will be accepted. Version MS PowerPoint 2010 is recommended. Any other arrangement is strictly at the risk of the presenter. In case your PowerPoint includes a video, it is necessary to have the video file prepared in the same folder together with the presentation. If you would like to use any unusual presentation formats, please contact the Preview Desk in advance.
Information for Poster Presenters, In Advance and On Arrival
Posters (light cardboard or paper) must be brought to the Conference by the presenting author and should not be mailed in advance. The Poster exhibition will be located XXX XXX. Posters should be printed in standard A0 size (84cm X 119cm or 33in X 47in) and should be portrait (not landscape).
If you want to print your poster in PARIS please contact xxx xxx
Please note that posters that are not A0 portrait size will not fit on the poster board.
- bring patafix or velcros to hang your poster without deteriorating the panel
- the poster should be printed on a thin paper to avoid excessive weight
Each poster is allocated one poster board which will be marked with your final reference number which you have received in the notification. Upon arrival please go to the Registration Desk where you will be directed to your poster board and given adhesive material for hanging your poster.Please note that the hanging, taking down and storing of posters is the poster presenter’s responsibility. Any posters remaining after the poster removal times will be removed and disposed. The Organizers accepts no responsibility for removed, disposed posters or unwanted posters.
Please take the necessary cautions as photographs of posters may be taken for publicity purposes while they are on display.
Presenting authors are requested to be available for short presentation and discussion of their posters during the allocated Poster Walk.
Poster Set up and Dismantling Schedule
Poster presenters are requested to take note of the following schedule for poster set up, viewing and dismantling:
Wednesday June 20th : Set up from 1400 – 1800
Thursday June 21st : Set up from 800 – 900
Friday June 22nd : Set up from 800 – 900
Saturday June 23rd: : Dismantling: all posters to be removed till 1700 latest
Poster Design Tips
- Don’t overload your poster. Remember, you are not writing an article. Seek simplicity, keep text to a minimum, and avoid redundancies.
- At the top of poster, please provide the title of the paper, names of the authors and their affiliations, all in bold lettering of about 2.5 to 3 cm. Artwork and lettering should be large and clear enough so that the poster is readable from a distance of 1.5 m. Use a constant font throughout the poster.
- Use 500 to 1,000 words (including title, figure legends, and tables) – definitely not more. The figures and tables should cover approximately 50% of the poster area.If possible, avoid abbreviations and acronyms, especially in the Conclusions.Feel free to provide one or more key references.
- The average reader spends 1–2 minutes on your poster. Highlight your main finding. Most colleagues start by reading the Conclusions. Thus, don’t hide them. Put them at eye level, either on top of the right column or, alternatively, start with the Conclusions. Otherwise, structure your poster by Introduction, Methods, and Results. State your aims in the end of the Introduction.
- Offering handouts of your abstract or poster (including your contact details) may facilitate future research communication with interested readers.
- Prepare a short (< 4 minutes) oral guide through your poster.
The European Journal of Paediatric Surgery will normally have first choice for publication for those
abstracts which have been presented at the Congress. Authors of accepted abstracts (oral and
poster presentations) will be expected to submit manuscripts for consideration. The Publication
Committee will decide which manuscripts are accepted for publication in the congress issue.
Please note that rejected abstracts of the congress which were not presented will be allowed to
be submitted to the journal in the conventional way. Online identification as a EUPSA manuscript
using the appropriate box is mandatory for the review by members of the EUPSA Scientific Office.
Deadline for receipt of manuscripts is May 15th, 2018.
Please submit your manuscripts electronically to clicking here https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ejps
Please direct any queries on submitted manuscripts or the submission process to:
Prof. Benno Ure
Editor in Chief – European Journal of Pediatric Surgery
Questions concerning abstract submission, manuscript submission or the scientific content of the meeting should be directed to the Chairman of the EUPSA Scientific Committee. firstname.lastname@example.org