The primary objective of the Network Office is to support and promote the development of networks in the field of Paediatric Surgery in order for members to collaborate in research that aims to improve outcomes for children with surgical conditions. Office members have expertise in study design and implementation, data management and statistical analysis.
The Office has well established pathways and procedures for members who wish to perform either a survey of members of EUPSA or a retrospective clinical study. These guidelines are available for download using the links below. All points within the guidance should be addressed prior to submitting any request to the network office.
Click here to download the EUPSA survey guidelines
Click here to download the EUPSA Retrospective study guidelines
The Office would also welcome proposals from members wishing to propose other types of study, for example prospective clinical studies or clinical trials. The Office particularly welcomes approaches from trainee members as well as patient organisations. Any member wishing to propose a study should email details to the chair of the network office Nigel Hall firstname.lastname@example.org
We would encourage all members to participate in studies that are currently open. Please follow the links below for more information or to take part.
Current surveys or studies open to participation
- A survey of Paediatric Surgeon opinion regarding the management of Oesophageal Atresia compared to the recently developed guidance from the ERNICA Oesophageal Atresia group. https://redcap.slms.ucl.ac.uk/surveys/?s=FMNM87ETKF
- A survey of the use of SILS across the paediatric surgery community https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/?sm=WGdmJ46PzEf1NbP2IGFE_2Bw_3D_3D
Current Network Office members
- Chairman: Nigel Hall, United Kingdom
- Ernst van Heurn, The Netherlands
- Florian Friedmacher, United Kingdom – Germany
- Takashi Doi, Japan
- Francesco Morini, Italy
- Alessio Pini Prato, Italy
- Sanja Sindjic, Serbia
- Anne Dariel, France
- Leopoldo Martinez, Spain
- Jan Svensson, Sweden
- Tuktu Soyer, Turkey
- Mohit Kakar, Latvia