- Online abstract submission is mandatory for all abstracts. Abstract submission is open. To submit your abstract click here
- Abstract submission guidelines 2017: Click here to to download the Guidelines (1,654.4 KB) We reccomend you to read the document before you prepare or submit an abstract.
- Deadline for abstract submission will be January 21stnd 2018
- Manuscript submission for Congress issue in the European Journal of Pediatric surgery https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ejps
- Manuscript submission of Case Report for issue of the European Journal of Pediatric Surgery https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ejps
- Questions concerning abstract submission manuscript submission or the scientific content of the meeting should be directed to the Chairman of the EUPSA Scientific Committee: email@example.com
- Notification of Acceptance or Rejection: March 15th 2018
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Abstract Submission is open since xxxxx Deadline for abstract submission will be xxxx
Notification of Acceptance or Rejection: xxxx
Questions concerning abstract submission, manuscript submission or the scientific content of the meeting should be directed to the Chairman of the EUPSA Scientific Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Guidelines and Rules for Abstract Submission
Abstracts must be and submitted using the official abstract template. Each abstract should have maximum of 250 words. You can include a maximum of two tables or figures. Prepare your submissions in Word (or any other text editor) and copy-paste the content to the Abstract field. You can also insert tables and special characters by using the TinyMCE editor.
After submitting abstract you will receive an e-mail about the successful submission to see how your abstract looks like in PDF format. You should ascertain that the entire abstract including figures/tables is no longer than one page A4 and make changes as necessary.The official language is English. Each abstract is assigned an abstract number. Once you have submitted, you will receive the abstract number. Please refer to this abstract number in any further correspondence regarding your abstract submission.
Once you have logged on to the system, you will be able to amend your submitted abstract up to the deadline date. There is no need to submit again. Authors whose abstracts are accepted for presentation will be expected to attend the meeting and make their presentation. Notification of acceptance or rejection of abstract will be mailed by the 6th of March 2017. All accepted abstracts will be put on the EUPSA website after the Congress.
Preparation of your Abstract
- ELIGIBILITY: Abstracts should only be submitted if they or their main content have not been previously accepted for publication, published or presented at a national or international meeting prior to the commencement of the EUPSA Congress. Abstracts should not be submitted to another International Congress with a parallel abstract reviewing process. If in doubt, please make a declaration on the abstract form for the committee to make a decision. Submitting abstracts without declaring that they have been previously accepted for publication, published or presented at a national or international meeting prior to the commencement of the EUPSA Congress, or submitted to another Congress with a parallel abstract reviewing process will mean that the senior author of the paper will not be allowed to submit abstracts to EUPSA for the subsequent two years.
- ETHICS: Evidence of ethical approval must be included in all abstracts involving animal or human studies. There may be exceptions, for instance the rules of the Institutional Ethics Review Board should be followed for retrospective studies.
- IDENTIFYING FEATURES: The selection process will be blinded for author and centre and an objective system will be used for marking. The names of authors and their affiliations (institutions) will be submitted on-line when you submit the abstract, but will be removed before the marking process. No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities should be listed in the title or the text of the abstract. Abstracts containing such information will not be accepted.
- FORMAT: Abstracts should be submitted in MS Word Document (.doc, .docx) editing as follows: Font: Calibri, 10 point / Spacing and Indentation: single 0 point (before and after) Text body: Justified Please put the TITLE in capital letters. The abstracts should be structured in four parts:
Aim of the Study
Methods Main results Conclusions
- TEMPLATE: Each abstract should have a maximum of 250 words. Including tables, figures and graphs it should not exceed the template, which covers one page of A4. A maximum of two tables, figures or graphs are accepted.
- DATA PRESENTATION: Abstracts must include data with clear descriptions of results and conclusions. For example – p value without data is not sufficient. Submission and review process
- When you enter the abstract submission site for the first time, you need to log in as a first time user. You will then receive full instructions how to submit you’re abstract. Please read these instructions carefully.
- When you submit your abstract you should please indicate if your abstract is a Case Report.
- If you are submitting more than one abstract you can use the same email address and password for each abstract.
- An abstract may be submitted to one section only. Do not double-submit by altering the title or resubmit to a second section. The following sections are defined:
- Upper gastrointestinal Lower gastrointestinal Hepatobiliary Thoracic Urology Oncology Trauma Basic Science General
- General If you want to edit an abstract that you have previously submitted, you are able to do this through the system. Go to the submission page and follow the instructions. DO NOT RESUBMIT. If you want to withdraw an abstract please contact the chairman of the Scientific Office.
- The Chairman of the EUPSA Scientific Office will notify authors regarding the acceptance or rejection of their abstracts by the XXXX XXX We will contact you by email. It is therefore imperative that we have the correct email address. The submitting author is responsible for keeping us informed if you change email address.
- Scoring criteria for all papers: Originality 1-5 Methodology (soundness) 1-5 Results (quality, presentation) 1-5 Relevance 1-5 Score scale (1 = extremely poor; 5 = extremely good) Total Score range: 4 – 20
- Criteria for rejection: Material already published or presented at a national or international meeting prior to the commencement of EUPSA. Abstracts that are also submitted to another Congress with a parallel reviewing process. Unethical studies. Word count exceeding 250 words or exceeding the space allocated in the template. Abstracts with authors and/or institution name in the title or the text. Young Investigator Award Session The EUPSA “Young Investigator Award” has been invented to stimulate research in Paediatric Surgery. The prizes will reach the amount of €5000. You may submit any abstract for this session as long as the presenting author is a trainee. It is not compulsory to submit a manuscript for the European Journal of Paediatric Surgery for papers in this session. The content of the presentation should fulfil the criteria for other abstracts submitted for the Congress. Please see the section on eligibility. Papers for the award
session are selected on the basis that they are the highest scored papers submitted to the Congress. The committee can share the prize between 2 papers. The marking criteria during the review process are the same as for other abstracts. However, during presentation, the abstracts are scored by the members of the Young Investigator Award Committee according to:
Originality Scientific Value Clinical value Quality of presentation Overall Impression Please note that although individual authors may submit several papers for this prize session, each author can only present one paper in this session.
Case Report Session
The purpose of the Case Report Session is to encourage trainees and young surgeons to submit interesting Case Reports. The Case Reports will be presented orally and there will be time for discussion. The Case Report abstract does not have to be structured as other abstracts. Please indicate when the abstract is submitted if you want to present during the Case Report Session or the Case Report Poster Walks. The European Journal of Paediatric Surgery Reports will provide a prize for the best Case Report. It will also be possible to submit manuscripts of accepted Case Report abstracts to European Journal of Paediatric Surgery Reports. Selected manuscripts will be published free of charge. Manuscripts should be submitted to http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ejpsreports before XX XX XX
The European Journal of Paediatric Surgery will normally have first choice for publication for those abstracts which have been presented at the Congress. Authors of accepted abstracts (oral and poster presentations) will be expected to submit manuscripts for consideration. The Publication Committee will decide which manuscripts are accepted for publication in the congress issue. Please note that rejected abstracts of the congress which were not presented will be allowed to be submitted to the journal in the conventional way. Online identification as a EUPSA manuscript using the appropriate box is mandatory for the review by members of the EUPSA Scientific Office.
Deadline for receipt of manuscripts is XX XX XX Please submit your manuscripts electronically to https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ejps Please direct any queries on submitted manuscripts or the submission process to: Prof. Benno Ure Editor in Chief European Journal of Pediatric Surgery e-mail: email@example.com
Questions concerning abstract submission, manuscript submission or the scientific content of the meeting should be directed to the Chairman of the EUPSA Scientific Committee, Prof. Mikko Pakarinen: firstname.lastname@example.org