In the heart of the Italian manufacturing district, a meeting point between north and south, between east and west, Bologna enjoys a privileged position and is a natural crossroads for Italy and Europe, a cornerstone of all the main railways and Italian motorways and domestic and international air routes.
For directions on how to reach Bologna from abroad: click here.
You can Travel by TRENITALIA FRECCE or IC trains, and with ITALO
Taking advantage of the high speed connections, from Bologna it is possible to reach the main national destinations with very short travel times:
Milan (1 h) – 54 daily connections
Rome (2 h and 10′) – 48 daily connections
Florence (35′) – 68 daily connections
Venice (1 h and 30′) – 42 daily connections
Turin (2 h and 15) – 32 daily connections
Naples (3 h and 20′) – 40 daily connections
There are also daily connections with major European cities in Austria, France, Germany and Switzerland.
BOLOGNA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT GUGLIELMO MARCONI
7 KM / 7 MINUTES
100 + Connection to the main Italian, European and International Cities.
OUR DOORS ON THE WORLD:
direct connections to Frankfurt, Münich and Dubai
Directly connected to the central train station via Marconi Express in 7 minutes only
When in Bologna, you can explore and move in the city by:
- buses – Bus tickets can be purchased on buses by paying in cash or with a credit card in the special issuing machines. Single tickets or city pass (ticket with 10 rides) can be also purchased in tobacconists, newsstands and TPER points. It is possible to download the MUVER app to get information on public transports in the city and buy tickets: download the app here.
- bike-sharing – To cycle around the city, you can download the Ridemovi app
- car-sharing – To drive around the city, you can download either Corrente or Enjoy app.
- taxi – Use the TaxiClick app, or check either or CoTaBo website or RadioTaxiCAT (+39 051 4590, also transport of non-folding wheelchairs for disabled).
- cars with driver – refer to CosePuri
The lines that go from the city center to the Congress Venue are no. 28, 35, 38, 39.
Please, be aware that timetables change on saturday and sunday because of T-days (traffic limited area in city center). We suggest you to check with Google Maps navigator for the best routes depending on where you are, or better to download the
MUVER app (only for Android phones).